Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone steer me in the right direction for the removal of the FPRV from the LLY engine? I have looked for it without removing anything and cant seem to see anything like what is pictured in the directions for shimming post.....

·
Registered
191 Posts
i changed mine, and I've never experience more joy in my life. jk. it is near the back of the firewall under the glow plug control module. The control is easy to get off, but it will be best to take the bracket off, and there are two bolts to it on top and two on the bottom that are very hard to get to. the valve is kindof on the back of the intake manifold pointed towards the firewall. its kinda hard to see in the pictures, but it is there, i replaced my entire valve with a racing one, i didnt add the shims. If you look hard enough you will find it and its easy to take out the only hard part is taking off the glow plug control bracket, someone else might have pictures to post.

Reactions: deeslfitr

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just curious, what is the purpose of doing this?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chevyman, where did you get this racing valve from and how much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking I would much rather do this then disassemble the OEM valve if it is easy as a quick swap...

·
Premium Member
20,558 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I didnt go with the race valve but only because I was heeding the warning or advise of others on this site. However, I have yet to hear of someone having a problem with one and sort of doubt that someone will. I guess if something did go wrong it could be a whole lot worse if you had the race valve, but I dont see any reason why something would blow. Has anyone heard of any problems had with the race valve?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I didnt go with the race valve but only because I was heeding the warning or advise of others on this site. However, I have yet to hear of someone having a problem with one and sort of doubt that someone will. I guess if something did go wrong it could be a whole lot worse if you had the race valve, but I dont see any reason why something would blow. Has anyone heard of any problems had with the race valve?
i would rather not take the chance of something giving under those types of pressures

1 - 9 of 9 Posts