Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get a gauge for checking fuel restriction/pressure at the schrader valve next to altenator?Or P/N for quick disconnect? Brand?I know Kennedy Diesel has one,but 150 plus shipping and his only goes to 7.5 psi....Thanks

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
saw spx had one but price was more then kennedy's a couple months ago.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found... Kent Moore J-44638 is the gauge but $350.00 ..anyone no what type quick disconnect they use...we use compuchek at DDC thought maybe a GM tech could tell me what type connection is on the DM..

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Why do you need one that measures to +/- 7?

Our trucks are restricted if the vacuum at the valve is over 5. Normal is 2.5 to 3?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you run a lift pump you will have positive pressure at the valve...Fass and Air Dog 8-10 psi depends on pump model...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I see said the blind man! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,291 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep JOHN from Kennedy said they have a 15 psi gauge and 150.00 is probably a good deal from what I have seen so far...250 for Kent Moore gauge...went to a couple stores Parker ect. to see if we could figure out valve..must be a Japanese type connection..Can anyone tell me if valve unscrews from stem and what type of thread..?

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Why not just run from the bleeder port
im going to now, got the adapter coming in the mail now... as thats the only option unless i unhook this part of my fuel line and retap it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.