Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 sbcc4x4 LS model. I see post of "mpg calculated DIC" Is this an option or is this only on some models LT???
The only way I calculate mpg is miles divided by gallons via trip meter..

·
Registered
160 Posts
David, my LT has the DIC, but with the Juice, it is not acurate anymore. Computer does not physically measure fuel to calculate economy, but uses some kind of algorithim based upon fuel injection pulses or the like, to calculate economy. Once juice is installed, this all goes out the window. So, your not missing too much.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
It is available an an option on LS's also, but you must have the buttons on the steering wheel (audio controls and vehicle mileage calcs, etc).

·
Registered
663 Posts
The MPG DIC display option came with my 03 LT. It's one of several DIC display options that are accessed with the set of buttons on the steering wheel. Not sure if it's an option on the LS.

The MPG display is nice but it consistently reads high by at least 1mpg when compared to the old fashioned method of dividing miles driven by gallons burned. It calculates MPG for the personal Trip Odometer, Business Trip Odometer, Instantaneous MPG and overall average MPG. The Instantaneous MPG display is interesting to watch – When driving it can range from the 30’s to single digit MPGs. (I also use the Business trip odometer to keep track of oil changes by resetting it at each oil change – once it hits the desired mileage change interval I change the oil.)
Edited by: jbplock

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
jbplock said:
The MPG DIC display option came with my 03 LT. It's one of several DIC display options that are accessed with the set of buttons on the steering wheel. Not sure if it's an option on the LS.

It is an option on the LS.....I have it.

Before adding the Quad and larger tires, I compared the mileage calculations from the DIC to the old fashioned way and it was failry accurate (+/- 0.1 gal used). Now it's pretty worthless except for the trip computers.
Edited by: Minn-Kota

1 - 5 of 5 Posts