Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there it's sportbug again,haven't totally fixed problem yet,but truck has 333k on it and I know pump is in need of a rebuild,I plan on changing the injectors at the same time,anyone know of any good was to maximize fuel efficiency,any certain name brand injectors.I've already put a k&n air filter and put 3" exhaust.I'm also wondering if a tired pump could be giving me some of my problems?I've put a clear pipe on the return line of the pump a couple weeks ago and lately you can see air being pumped through,don't run so good,but not always.Is this the pump that's dieing?I've checked for any leaks in any lines,but can't see anything obvious.By talking to other diesel owners I believe I've found a good place to rebuild the pump around here at Wheat City Diesel or Western Diesel in Brandon Manitoba.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I haven't heard anything over what you have already done to improve fuel mileage.

Getting the pump rebuilt your mileage will probably go down, but the power will go up. I think when you reinstall the pump if you don't advance it at all, is Ideal for fuel mileage.

If you don't want more power, when they build the pump tell them to leave the fuel delivery at the low end of the range, they usually turn it to the top automatically for best performance. From their stand point, you got a new pump it should feel like it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts