Diesel Place banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Both of my tires are listed at 32.76 when there’re actually 32.20.
285/70R17 and my new tires 295/55R20 both listed as 32.76 both measured 32.20.

32.25 is what I give the tuners, tuning only goes in .25 increments.
I was just going by the 1/4” you mentioned.
Which is actually within speedo specs.
I have a long history with tires myself.

This is for others if they don’t know a good easy way to figure.

The string method really isn’t that accurate or easy to mess with more time consuming IMO.
There’s also the chalk method, mark the tire going straight down to your driveway (if you don’t have a solid surface then find one) move your vehicle where your tire makes one full
revolution, mark that spot inline with the mark on your tire.
Then measure and divide that number by 3.14 you’ll come up with the exact height.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
My stock set of tires were 265/60/20 and I went to 275/65/20's and lost easily 2-3 mpg's both city and highway. I did re-calibrate my speedometer. Previously I was getting 21+/- highway and 15-16 city now I'm down to 17-18 and 12-13. Completely different tires also. Original - Goodyear Wrangler SR/A's and new are Toyo Open Country AT's

·
Registered
7 Posts
2011 lml I average 13-16 50/50 undeleted now im getting 18-24 50/50 deleted it also depends on how hard acceleration i give it. I running lt275r7018e all stock but the dpf/scr deleted

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I for the fun of it,drove from the cap back home(75 miles) at 60 ph and w/ the tow mirrors folded in,center display on best mileage screen showed 26mpg,that bested my other cape trip(same route,relatively flat) 24.3mpg.I do this trip all the time so will monitor the results.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I for the fun of it,drove from the cap back home(75 miles) at 60 ph and w/ the tow mirrors folded in,center display on best mileage screen showed 26mpg,that bested my other cape trip(same route,relatively flat) 24.3mpg.I do this trip all the time so will monitor the results.
I wonder if the ticket you get for having your mirrors folded in will be worth the money in fuel you save? Or maybe the accident from hitting someone you can’t see will happen first. . . . .

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I wonder if the ticket you get for having your mirrors folded in will be worth the money in fuel you save? Or maybe the accident from hitting someone you can’t see will happen first. . . . .
nah,I'm in the right lane and if and when I move over I actually look.as for a ticket,,statey's didn't seem to care as they drove by.but thanks for your concern.
tickets for me, just a fix away w/ a phone call.:thumb:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts