Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what milage everyone is getting? I have an 01 LB7 with 100,000:ro) on it. I'm only getting around 13.7 around town. I live in Penn. so I'm not sure if winter has something to do with that? My fuel filter was just changed so I know it's not that. Any thoughts?:help2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have about 13k on my truck and usually get 19mpg around town and 21mpg on the highway. I do have a hand shaker (6spd) so that may make a difference. I have a friend at work who has a '03 lb7 with a allison and I don't think he has ever seen over 15mpg on his. Also I figure my mileage by hand not off of the computer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have an 03 LB7 with the 6spd manual, 26K miles, and I've averaged 19.9 mpg since new. I've gotten as high as 23.7 mpg hwy (65 mph, flat, empty). Warm weather city is ~18-19, cold weather ~16-17. Warm weather hwy ~20-22, same in the cold. I have a full winter front that I use under 40°F which helps. And I usually drive for mileage (short shifts, rpm under 2,000 when cold, 70psi in the tires).

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got an 02 crew short bed 4x4 with dmax-ally. I only get 13.5 to 14.5 on New England winter blend. I can drive with superchip on high level and get as good or better than the stock tune. I have AT 265's and have done the gps comparo to clocking method. Can't seem to get any better mileage no matter what. But I have tool boxes and a ladder rack and a 9200 gvw truck that is in my opinion way faster than my 05 Tacoma extra cab 4x4 with the 4.0 v6 and 6 speed man. And even after 35000k I never got much better than 16 to 16.5 mpg. And frequently drove 15's without the lead shoe. The summer blend is better. Injectors could be to blame. But if it's running good, It justmight not be one of the trucks that get 20. Enjoy the dmax and the easy upgrades. Be well.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
My 06 with 300mi. on it gets ~15.

·
LT. Dan
6,817 Posts
im getting the same mileage as toybreaker. 03 LB7

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Around 15 mixed driving during the winter. A lot of short trips though.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Thoughts

I'm wondering what milage everyone is getting? I have an 01 LB7 with 100,000:ro) on it. I'm only getting around 13.7 around town. I live in Penn. so I'm not sure if winter has something to do with that? My fuel filter was just changed so I know it's not that. Any thoughts?:help2:
Hi , you can start thinking about your injection pump,when mpg start to decrease its the first symptome:( if everything else is ok(include air filter)

I get 21 mpg last week on fillup day:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ive got an 04 lb7 with about 40,000 miles. I get close to 19mpg mixed driving and around 22mph highway at 70 mph. Ally trans, 4in exhaust,and edge ez on level one using stanadyne. Ive used the edge for about two weeks so far and it seems to be getting better milage with mixed driving. Before I got upper 18s and now upper 19s mixed. This is figured by hand, trip computer shows 24mpg highway.

·
Registered
817 Posts
05 LLY - Allison, 21 on the road (hand calc).

·
Registered
535 Posts
I average ~17.5 around town, avg speed just under 30mph. Its a 25 mile commute, so the engine does have a chance to reach & run at normal operating temp (~185) for most of the drive. This will have a great effect on fuel mileage.

Fuel mileage as reported by the DIC is optomistic, especially if you are using a chip. All figures I use are hand calculated.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I forgot the DICs where off so I checked it by hand on the next fill up and it was off. The DIC read 15.5 and I was getting ~17 fuel use was off it looks like, that suck the fuel use is the only feature I really like on the DIC.

·
Registered
38 Posts
my mileage

I had my second suburban conversion to duramax/allison in an 02 and was getting around 17 or 18 highway, sold it to a guy in NYC, he runs bio and claims 22mpg, only modification is 285 tires and a 4 inch exhaust.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Mileage can really vary - truck to truck, driver to driver and day to day. My 01 has gotten an overall average of 17.4 mpg in 120,000 miles. I've had a best of 20.9 empty on highway (worst of 12.4 towing). Lately, it has been running between 17 and 19 mpg on my daily 84 mile commute on desert highway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
New DM mileage

My new '06 DIC has shown a high of 20.6 already but is averageing around 16 to 17 in stop and go around town driving. I DO NOT trust the DIC to get it right because the last one I had was always off by at least 1 mpg and it only got that close after crusing for hundreds of miles on the same tank. City milegae on that other DIC was off by 3 to 4 mpg so I check it at all times by "hand". Yes I let the trip meter tell me how many miles but I go by how many gallons I put in to the same point each time. I also use a local gas prices web site which lets you list your cars and enter the odometer read and gallons put in the tank. It always disagreed with that DIC also. More later after more diesel.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
anyone heard about the EGR modifications that is supposed to get 5 to 6 more miles per gallon?

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
We're all ears.:confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
recent mileage

My first "tank" where it was fill to fill the truck did 22.1 MPG. I have been watching the DIC more since then and if the "fuel used" is at all close along with the trip meter I am getting 18-19 in city driving while the DIC is saying 14 to 15 MPG. It will take some more driving to get the tank down enough to bather putting in more fuel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok I just installed an EGR false code elliminator, supposed to keep the egr from opening while telling the comp its open, also did some other tricks, anyone heard either way about this? know a guy who claims 6 mpg more on an 05 lly by doing this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts