Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
I am traveling and in a town far from home. On the way here my truck through a P0087 code. Truck has 92K miles. One of the fuel line hoses looks like it may be kinked a bit and sure feels soft when squeezed. This is the original hose coming over the valve cover on the driver side, incoming fuel I believe as it is the thicker of the two in that location. Hose material looks like some sort of nylon braid, probably over rubber. I had the filter head, filter, and the two filter hoses replaced before leaving on the trip due to a stall issue. Truck had been running all day, towing a 10K travel trailer, and temp around 90, climbing altitude steadily. All other truck temps were fine.

My question is what type of hose should be used as replacement? I am going to have to have a shop do replacement if needed and want to discuss it w/ them with some knowledge.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Premium Member
18,181 Posts
Parker 601-8 for the larger hose (-8 = 1/2")

After disconnecting the quick connect, lop off the hose. Cut the crimp on the chassis line without cutting the tubing. Then cut the crimp off the loose quick connect on the line you lopped off.

Quite frankly, a stalling issue wouldn't be related to that line, and, by replacing the entire suction side, I've never cured a P0087.

On my '09, it ended up being the FPRV in the driver's fuel rail that was bad. Only on hot days with more than 5k # in tow.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Parker 601-8 for the larger hose (-8 = 1/2")

After disconnecting the quick connect, lop off the hose. Cut the crimp on the chassis line without cutting the tubing. Then cut the crimp off the loose quick connect on the line you lopped off.

Quite frankly, a stalling issue wouldn't be related to that line, and, by replacing the entire suction side, I've never cured a P0087.

On my '09, it ended up being the FPRV in the driver's fuel rail that was bad. Only on hot days with more than 5k # in tow.
Thanks, Brian. I haven't had an issue w/ stalling since having the filter head replaced. The P0087 came later when going from Texas to Colorado towing. Do you have a recommendation for an FPRV replacement?

Mike

·
Premium Member
18,181 Posts
I went to GM, like $400...
But, still Bosch, around $100, all over the web, like this. Heck, I think even Cummins sells them.
I know I wrote my LMM saga somewhere on here...lines, cooler, Kennedy pump, filter assembly, and yet, the FPRV was the only thing that cured the hot, towing, P0087. Passed the bottle test every time, because it was never hot enough during testing.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the FPRV replaced. Said it was a beast to back out. The mechanic thought the hoses looked fine. We'll see on the way home in a few weeks, although it won't be as hot as the trip here. Thanks for the tip, Brian.
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts