Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the proper way to remove the fuel flex hose from the solid fuel line on the frame underneith Duramax trucks 2004 2500HD ? Just pull appart or what.

Thanks david

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
the quick connect style fittings require a special tool to release them. There is 'barb' style clips on the inside that lock onto line and the tool will release the clips and allow line to be removed

Eric

·
Registered
994 Posts
DMaxDave,

A number of us have used the following tool to remove the quick disconnects. I purchased my set at Pep Boys, others have bought theirs at Sears. The picture is shown here:

(Note: above picture courtesy of JBPLOCK from TDP)

When I did my supplemental fuel filter installation last July, I found removing the QD's a little tricky. However, keep trying and they will eventually release. Read the following post on the Diesel Place for a few more tips on removing the QD's.

http://dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=95&PN=1

Alan

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
the above tool works very well for the money and when only needed a couple of times, I have a couple 'racks' of them. For the D-max, I bought the Kent Moore version, while pricey (40.00) its made of metal and the release tangs are longer so it works good. Not worth the expense for these needs though

Eric

·
Registered
626 Posts
I used the plastic set shown when I removed all of my OEM hoses and they just work so-so. Some of the joints came apart easy and some did not. I think some of the clips are too far into the fitting for the plastic tool to reach so on those I just gave them a good pull and ripped them apart. This is not a good solution if you intend to reuse the fittings however because it will destroy them. I think they should all be replaced anyway, just my .02.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts