Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you adding a racor type secondary filter, I highly recommend using Parker Compression Fittings when you cut your stock 1/2" line. These fittings seem to be much higher quality than your standard brass compression fittings. It took several phone calls to area Parker dealers, but the part # is 8GBU-S. This is a female fitting with 3/8 NPT, so you can adapt it to a barbed male nipple fitting. I like this setup much better than simply clamping a hose to the stock fuel line.

By the way, I advise that you have an air hose handy to quickly blow the fuel back into the tank to prevent the syphon effect when you cut your fuel line! Also, it is much easier to first temporarily mount the filter w/o the rock gaurd, complete the fuel lines. etc., then mount the rock gaurd.

·
Registered
663 Posts
sammy,

Good point on the fittings. Most brass ferrule type fittings are designed for soft tubing. It's important for the ferrule to "bite" into the tubing for a good seal - especially in a vacuum application. I used Parker CPI SS fittings (per abear's recommendation) on the hard line in my lift-pump setup . They were a little more expensive but they have a positive seal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts