Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just noticed a small puddle of fuel under the center rear portion of the motor on my 96 Suburban. it's just forward of my slight oil drip that comes from a bad washer on the oil pan drain. I haven't had a chance to get underneath and see where it is coming from - should do that tonight.

bascially, I'm looking for reassurance that it's most likely a fuel line and not the injection pump. right?

:confuzeld

·
She Don't Smoke!
4,690 Posts
Probably is a fuel line. You will want to make sure that the top of the fuel filter canister is not leaking, then check the inlet and outs of the fuel filter as well. The lines also go from metal to rubber somewhere behind the engine. The leak i had was coming from the back of the engine, but the leak was actually coming from the water drain valve from the front of the engine :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Mine leaked from the fuel heater in the bottom of the fuel filter housing.

·
Registered
240 Posts
x2 - a new o-ring for the fuel filter manager (FFM) heater (and a new o-ring for the water sensor just for good measure) cured the problem. After your engine is cold, reach back and slide your hand under the FFM and see if their is diesel dripping off of it.

It could also be the rubber fuel hoses going to the FFM and the return going back to the tank. You may have to unbolt the FFM and move it out of the way to inspect these hoses.

Mine leaked from the fuel heater in the bottom of the fuel filter housing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts