Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some serious fuel contamination in my oil on my 08 with 290,000 km. The last few years I have been doing mostly short trips with a 5 minute drive to work which is not good for this motor. Here is the result of an oil analysis. About 9 months and 8000 km on this oil. Yes I should have changed it sooner. I have not noticed any smoke or anything unusual due to the fuel in the oil. It has shortened it regen cycles to about 375 km between cycles now due to dpf that is not emptying. Forced regen has not done much. Next is to have the injectors tested. Will the contamination be the injectors for sure or could it be something else like the plugged up dpf? Most of the oil analysis I do not understand. Can someone translate? I am trying to figure out whether or not to keep the truck. Thanks
Font Material property Parallel Document Number
Font Material property Parallel Document Number
Rectangle Schematic Font Parallel Technical drawing

· Administrator
22,525 Posts
Welcome

Any mods to your LMM?

· Administrator
22,525 Posts

· Administrator
22,525 Posts
Thanks, I will. Does anything other the the fuel contamination stand out there as not normal?
Other than the detected 22.30% fuel found in the oil sample.

Once the issue is fixed and you do another oil sample then you can see if there are any trace elements to be concerned about

· Registered
457 Posts
The LMM uses the 8th injector for the regen cycle. Since you run short, no time for teh DPF to get to temp, so the regen never finshes. Each time it tries oil is diluted. It's a bad design by GM. Only solution is to do a DPF delete.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The LMM uses the 8th injector for the regen cycle. Since you run short, no time for teh DPF to get to temp, so the regen never finishes. Each time it tries oil is diluted. It's a bad design by GM. Only solution is to do a DPF delete.
Sometimes I go for a drive when it goes into regen.. I just had a balance test done which came back normal. He wants to pull the injectors and test them which starts getting expensive. . Maybe ill Delete or clean the dpf and see if the contamination stops. Thanks for the feedback

· Administrator
22,525 Posts
Sometimes I go for a drive when it goes into regen.. I just had a balance test done which came back normal. He wants to pull the injectors and test them which starts getting expensive. . Maybe ill Delete or clean the dpf and see if the contamination stops. Thanks for the feedback
If the balance rates come back within specs I would do a flow return test on the injectors next

1 - 9 of 9 Posts