Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the thread on Oil Pressure Acting Strange and performed a wick test on a white paper towel. I did get a halo around the oil after a few minutes, which I assume is fuel in the oil. I have less than 1,000 miles on this oil change. After reading the thread below I believe that I have fuel in my oil but my question is what can I do to prevent this? I have close to 37,000 miles.

I am running the Hypertech III and I keep it set on stage 2, 70HP and a K&N filter.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7687&PN=3

Thanks and I have learned alot from ya'll. I'm not sure if this is the right way to post this but its my first question.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I emailed George to find out which test kit I needed and I ordered it yesterday. He even included instructions on how to pull the sample.

·
Registered
817 Posts
It was my thread you were reading. Just an update, my sample came back negative for fuel and I thought I saw a halo as well. My pressure is still lower than I like (down to 25 sometimes and the weather is getting warmer). I am trying to decide if I want to remove the dual remote bypass or change the oil to a 15-40 from the Delvac 1 to see if it recovers.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have my oil pressure problem solved. had the dealer check it out and he found the correct signal going in to the computer but a weak signal coming out.(thats what he told me) They ordered a new computer and replaced it and I have not had any more problems. I was getting low oil pressure alarm every time I drive it.

He covered it under warranty even though I have almost 39,000 miles.

Thanks for the input guys.

Charlie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts