Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Im hopin someone can answer my question soon. I did a search but wasnt finding my answer but Im a newbie here so Im lost I guess. I was goin to Denver about a 650 mile drive. On my way back I was drivin about 65-70mph got about 100 miles from home and decided to take a break and get fuel. When I pulled into the truck stop I noticed the oil pressure dropped!! I put fuel in and checked the oil and it was clear diesel!!!! I was shocked to say the least!! I moved it to the side of the building and had them drop the oil and we added new oil. I realized I lost an injector. Was missing and not runnin smooth. I drove on home and the pickup was covered in oil. Took it to the dealer they were only goin to replace the #7 injector that was bad and I told them to replace them all but they were refusin It is under warranty. I said I would make a few phone calls and inquire about the warranty work. Before I got home the called me and said no problem we will do them all. GEESH!! Do you think I ruined the engine?We just bought the truck this summer and have had a few nasty problems with it. If the engine is goin to go I will get rid of it now. Its a 2002 4x4 , 4 door short box. Sorry for the lenght of this . Thanks for any help

·
Registered
751 Posts
It happened to me also. After 3 times, engine went BOOM. The fuel ruined the bearings. Depending on how far you had to drive it, will be the deciding factor. When it is repaired check the oil pressure, if it is much lower than befor, get prepared for a new engine. The fuel in oil "washes" the bearings. Don't believe GM when they tell you it doesn't hurt it. I know from experience.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i just replaced four injectors myself. the dealer warranty would not cover. i had no diesel in my oil though.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. We will watch the oil pressure and goin to take oil samples. Talked to the mechanic and he said as far as GM helping out on the engine we will be outta luck . So we are thinkin of gettin rid of it. Just have to see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts