Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was checking my oil today and it seemed kinda high so I decided to change it. It has been 2500miles since last changed. I changed the oil and got 3.25 gallons out of it. So it had an extra 3 quarts of diesel in the oil. I have always watched the oil pressure and it has been running almost 80 on cold startup and around 55 when up to temp. I checked the balancing rates with the Predator, #1 was between 2.73-2.3 the rest were all 1.5 or less. So none of them are really out. So I am not sure if its an injector or what. Tell me what you think. Eric are ya busy? Might be headin your way now. Oh, since I know you guys will ask, I do not have added filtration, completely stock fuel system. Also 79,700 miles.

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
No good.

IIRC, the injector return lines can add fuel to the oil if they take a dump. Im not sure if this can be seen via injector balance rate difference.

Take the truck to the dealer ASAP. Better yet, have them come and tow it.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for replying, Well i changed the oil and drove it home from work, it carried about 75 psi pressure with the new oil, I will check it in the morning and make sure it doesnt have fuel in it. I dont know if this is a constant leak, may be because of the maximizer, but I havent ran it very much at all. Do you know of any good dealers around Indianapolis. Or else Im going to take it to Eric.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts