Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LLY cracked a piston with less then 60,000 miles on it. I bought a used autowrecker motor to get me by until I could aford to build up my motor.

I've had it in for about 1000 miles. I checked the oil several times in the first 500 miles with no problems.

I noticed engine oil on the ground but it seemed thinner then it should be so I pulled the dip stick and it appears there is fuel in the oil.

Can anyone give me an idea what to look for? It seems to run fine and I didn't think there was any way for fuel to get in the oil on an LLY?

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Tony what are the balance rates?

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
All within +1 to -1 when I checked it this afternoon. I checked it when I first put the motor in but not in between then and now.

Is it possible that an injector stuck open after it shut down and bled the fuel into the cylinder and it got by the rings into the cylinder?

The motor runs fine and sounds fine. The oil was fine for the first 500 miles so this kind of surprised me.

I guess the only thing I can do is check compression right?

How would you tell if an injector was sticking open?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Tony

My guess would be the front seal in the CP3 is leaking. If you have your old one you might swap it out and see if that solves it.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I still have my old CP3 (on the motor). Is there any way to check for it or just swap it?

Is there anything else that it could be?

How does the fuel get into the oil because of the CP3? Does the CP3 have oil going to it? Or is it actually leaking in through the drive gear?

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also what do I need as far as gaskets etc to do this job? What isn't reusable?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.