Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel gauge is stuck on E and the low fuel light is on no matter how much fuel is in the tank. I thought it could have been the sender or something in the tank but found no sign of anything being wrong upon inspection of the pickup, sender, sender arm, etc. I was told that when the wiring harness on top of the tank is unplugged, an open circuit is created and thus the fuel gauge should be pinned at or past the Full mark. Mine remains on E which leads me to belive that it is not the sender but the problem is somewhere before that wiring harness. I do not have an ohmeter but am willing to go out an buy one. I have checked EVERY individual fuse and found all to be in good condition. Can any electrical guru out there please guide me in the right direction of where to go next in order to track down and fix this problem.
thanks
Jake

p.s. I have seen other posts of people with similar problems but none exactly the same. The gauge could have coincidentlly gone south at the exact same time that I installed the new pick-up, but instinct tells me that it was not a coincidence at all. I must have F'ed something up but cannot figure out what or how.

thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody uh?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts