Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very interested in a new replacement fuel tank, not an in the bed tank. I am not picky on which brand or the size advantages, my biggest issue is the accuracy of the fuel gauge after the replacement. I have searched and can not get a definite answer on fuel gauge accuracy. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Well, if you are using the same sending unit on the new tank the accuracy will be the same....which is not very. It takes my guage 100 miles to move from above full to the full mark, 300 miles to get to half and about 430 miles to get to empty. try the transfer flow product they seem to be a good choice.
JP

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm also thinking to upgrading to a larger tank to replace the stock one, But my question is on why the stock gauge is not accurate. What I mean is the gauge is divide into 1/4 which on my truck has a 26gl tank that comes to 6.50gl per 1/4.Why is the mpg is not the same per 1/4 ? It's higher from full to 3/4 then drops off alot after that For example, hwy milage at an avg 70mph the 1st 1/4 avg around 145miles (22.30mpg), the next 1/4 at 1/2 a tank was only 60 miles(9.23mpg), then at 1/4 of a tank 40 miles(6.15mpg) !!! an avg 12.564mpg of 19.50gl used. This was hand cal. You would think the lighter the full load the better the mpg would be. Some say it's American autos, and I'm starting to think so, my wife had a Honda Accord the got the same mpg per 1/4 on the gauge:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.