Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom has a S10 with the 4.3 engine in it. The fuel gage quit and reads full all the time. she dont want to put the hole gage cluster in new. I have 2 questions. One how do I tell if its the gage or sender i have replaced a few senders on tractors and there a luttle easer to get to. so if i have to replace the sender do i need to drop the tank out. and number 2 if it is the gage i want to put a piller mount gage on it so how would i tap the wireing in to the existing sender. the senders i have replaced on tractors the gage always read empty so thats what makes me think its the gage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 96 S10 Blazer. The fuel sender is in the tank. It comes as a complete unit with fuel pump.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It is most likely the sender and not the guage. On your truck, the guage will read full if the sender goes bad (open circuit).

·
Registered
692 Posts
sender is very connon on these you can get just the level sensor but depending on milage on the pump you may be smarter to get a new pump and i beleave ac delco pump have life time warranties on them if you buy a new one you eill have to drop the tank or if you can get some friends together un bolt the bed and detach the rear light harness and ground straps and also the fuel filler neck at the door. you can pick the bed up move it to the rear tires and the pump is right there. with ari tools its 30 min job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts