Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum. Yesterday while getting fuel. Struck up a convo with a fellow owner of Duramex. He suggested instead of using factory fuel filter upgrade to a larger power fuel filter. Maybe I misunderstood him. Any one can shine some lite on this?

·
Administrator
15,934 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
A common problem with the LML is the CP4. Having a lift pump land filtration, including some fuel lubricity additive in each tank of fuel will greatly support and help lessen the chance of a CP4 grenade issue.
Contact John Kennedy @ Kennedy Diesel and ask him about his single lift pump and mega filtration kit for the LML

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
A common problem with the LML is the CP4. Having a lift pump land filtration, including some fuel lubricity additive in each tank of fuel will greatly support and help lessen the chance of a CP4 grenade issue.
Contact John Kennedy @ Kennedy Diesel and ask him about his single lift pump and mega filtration kit for the LML
John is a great source of great products. I was strongly considering his lift pump kit, but ended up with this kit instead for my 2015 LML. The reason is that at least for my year truck the install was very quick and easy and filter change is easy. But this kit is not a "universal" kit that will work on all models of duramax like the kits John sells. They have kits for the 2001-2010 and 2011-16 but not one for trucks after 2016. I has two filters prior to the factory filter, a baldwin water filter, then lift pump then Cat filter. Very happy with the results. This or the kennedy diesel kits are the only ones I felt were well designed kits.

here is a link to the 2001-2010 kit

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 3 of 3 Posts