Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the dealer today to find out how much the fuel filter cost .

I was told $42.00 If I wanted them to install it, it would cost $72.00

Does this sound right?

·
Registered
155 Posts
You can buy an OEM filter for a lot less than the dealer charges. I purchased mine from Kennedy Diesel for $25, here is the link to the site.

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/

There are instructions on this site (DieselPlace) on how to do the change yourself. You can buy three (3) filters for the price of one change at the dealer, sounds like a deal to me.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think Eric sells them for 18.00. That is if he is still taking orders.

·
Registered
106 Posts
LanduytG. What is the difference between the OEM Racor filter listed above for $16 and the Parker/Racor filter you sell for $21.50. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Lakedaisy

Nothing--- All Duramax fuel filters are made by racor, they are boxed under a different name. Racor holds copy rites

Geno

If you have the proper wrench you can do the change in 15 mi or less heck of a lot cheeper than 75,00

Geno

Edited by: geno

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just a note on removing the filter, use a strap wrench. We tried a Snap on filter wrench and it was a pain. I pulled my cheap strap wrench out and plugged the 1/2 drive extension into it and it was slick. First filter change cost $62.00 at dealers, hey they have to eat too!

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
I don't know how much this is worth to you guys, but sometimes the lowest price isn't the best deal. If you hook up with a vendor that is willing to work with you when things go wrong...and something always does...it's good to have someone in your corner lookin' out for ya. To me that's worth a couple a extra bucks. Especially if they are a fellow enthusiust(sp?).

P.S. Vendors- this is not a disclaimer to jack prices

JP

·
Registered
430 Posts
I bought some from Oilguard this past spring, and they were very good to deal with. As mentioned earlier, the filters are all the same, just painted a little differnent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts