Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just received 2 fuel filters from fleetfilter there the ones made by napa (racor) and there different than my oem filter. the new one has ribbs on the top. why is it differnt than my oem filter? my truck is a 2006 with the original fuel filter on it. should i be worried about the new filter? thanks brian

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have you had any problems using that filter?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I did seam to plug easier with cold/gelled fuel. Other that that no diff.

·
Registered
110 Posts
That filter meets OEM specs.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I run them too. They do seem to clogged easier, but thats good. That means its filtering out more crap. I clogged one in 7k, cut it open to see and it was dirty.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Iv'e been running with Bryan's filters now for over a year--never a problem.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
coho killer;1597673; said:
i just received 2 fuel filters from fleetfilter there the ones made by napa (racor) and there different than my oem filter. the new one has ribbs on the top. why is it differnt than my oem filter? my truck is a 2006 with the original fuel filter on it. should i be worried about the new filter? thanks brian
Napa filters are a high quality product. The only one I'd stay away from is the CHINA made (gold can) Baldwin.

·
Registered
541 Posts
coho killer;1597673; said:
i just received 2 fuel filters from fleetfilter there the ones made by napa (racor)....
NAPA filters are made by WIX.

I was using the WIX filter and had two filters cause problems in cold weather. Neither were clogged but the fuel pressure on the suction side of the pump was high indicating a restriction. I had not had a problem with them until just recently.

A dealer in IN told me they had seen several WIX filters causing restrictions recently. They also use some WIX filters and they don't what is causing it. I am inclined to think there may be a defect in the filters.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Tom Cobb;1601043; said:
NAPA filters are made by WIX.

I was using the WIX filter and had two filters cause problems in cold weather. Neither were clogged but the fuel pressure on the suction side of the pump was high indicating a restriction. I had not had a problem with them until just recently.

A dealer in IN told me they had seen several WIX filters causing restrictions recently. They also use some WIX filters and they don't what is causing it. I am inclined to think there may be a defect in the filters.
Around here,myself and my friends only run Wix and we haven't seen any of this.There is no defect.Wix has been in biz forever,only makes quality filters--that's all they do--filters,period.

·
Registered
541 Posts
You must be an employee or know someone who is.

For your info ALL MANUFACTURERS have an occassional defective product.

Becareful about being so adamant about something. Be a little more flexible.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Tom Cobb;1606254; said:
You must be an employee or know someone who is.

For your info ALL MANUFACTURERS have an occassional defective product.

Becareful about being so adamant about something. Be a little more flexible.
Hardly an employee--just stating the facts--Wix is top shelf.Period.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Way too many products out there. Some real good, and a lot of junk...

·
Registered
260 Posts
a bear;1600978; said:
Napa filters are a high quality product. The only one I'd stay away from is the CHINA made (gold can) Baldwin.
a bear can you expand a little on the (gold can) Baldwin filter.I just picked one up and noticed the made in China writing.I was unaware that Baldwin did this.Always had good things to say about their filters.Any problems?

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Dan L;1612595; said:
a bear can you expand a little on the (gold can) Baldwin filter.I just picked one up and noticed the made in China writing.I was unaware that Baldwin did this.Always had good things to say about their filters.Any problems?
The only problem is if you don't remove all the rice they install as a desicant.:D Seriously,I for one don't know but I will try and remember to ask the co-owner of a huge truck parts store that only sells Baldwin.He should give me the honest skinny.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts