Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope to have in my hands very soon a fuel filter with built in fuel pump, water sensor and heater. This will be great for those guys with the Mega or anyine that wants better filteration with a fuel pump. Only problem is its a little pricy. Will run about $325. Available in 2, 10, or 30 micron.

Greg

·
Registered
122 Posts
Greg, can you give us more details, like mount location and replacement element costs?

Steve

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
I presume no pictures as of yet? is this a racor unit?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No pics yet nor replacement element cost. I think I would mount it on the frame myself just because it would make it so much easier.

Yes it is a Racor and I think it will mount on the bracket I already have. This would also be a great setup for the 6.5TD folks. It comes in three sizes and what i posted is the biggest at 50gpm. They have a 30 and 40 gpm as well.

Greg

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Greg, Any ideas what the pressures would run without a bypass ? This sounds like a nice product.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10 psi is the max pressure it will run. Has a built in bypass so when you get to pressure it wil open and recirculate the fuel. I ordered up a sample today so I don't figure it will show up for 2 or 3 weeks. Racor is butt slow.

Greg

·
Registered
612 Posts
Greg ... you should have mail ... Jim

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Greg

Is it a standyne, I just bought one if it is that does the same thing and filter replacements are 19.00

Geno

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Is this it Greg?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boy Hoot you must have some hound dog in you. Yes thats it, but the one you have here is the small one. The large on is 11" long.

Greg

·
Registered
612 Posts
Greg ...
Available in 2, 10, or 30 micron.
With a post OEM Mega, which of the above would you recommend? Would the addition of a second fuel heater cause any problems during the summer?
Jim

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I already had a 2 micron in the line I would use the 10 micron on this filter. Have 2 heaters is not and issue because they have their own thermostat. So they will only be on when it gets down to about 35-40 degrees.

Greg

·
Registered
909 Posts
Greg,

Is this the newly anticipated Racor unit that TDP member "Racor" mentioned two weeks ago?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Integrated designs are awesome for installation. I would think Racor could provide easy installation instructions for that water sensor signal. On the otherhand, didn't they mentioned something about cutting metal fuel lines for installation?

·
Registered
909 Posts
It would be nice if GM could give a blessing to a few of these fuel filter options so a post OEM install would be less warranty troubling. Just wishing outloud I guess.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
This actually seems like a pretty good setup with the all in one package. Question is though the difficulty of adding the power to it. I could probably live without the WIF and heater though, but the pump to help out my OEM and CAT secondary would be welcome. Could there be a 3rd filter in my near future??

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
The main focus should be on filtration performance. The pump helps reduce vapor but filtration is of prime importance.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
True Hoot, than again in my case I'd probably run a 10 mic in their. I'd be going from 10 to Whatever the OEM can grab than to my 2 mic CAT. Should almost eliminate ANY possible issues I could ever have related to running dirty fuel. Plus as most lift pump pics have shown, it seems to better utilize the OEM filter as well(no banding).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts