Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys? I need to know what type of fuel filter tool to get to change my fuel filter? Also isn't there a hose I can get to do away with all the mess from bleeding the system?
Later,
Matt

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
When you go buy your new filter get a filter wrench that fits it at the parts store. There is a special wrench made to get the Water In Fuel sensor out. I believe Kennedy or MerchantAutomotive has them.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
The water in filter sensor is easy enough to remove without the tool, All you need is a pair of channel locks. If you plan on changing your filter a few times a year, I would recommend the tool, for not to wear out the sensor, it's plastic.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Here u go...

click on this link http://www.kennedydiesel.com/ then click on "Duramax parts" then click on "tools"...scroll down and you'll find the special wrench.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Anybody know what the diameter of the new double-pleated filter is, or more precisely what size filter wrench would work (not strap wrench)? The old style filter required a 4" wrench, does the new filter need a bigger one?
JP

·
Registered
2,284 Posts

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Cool. For some reason I thought I saw a pic of the new filter and it looked like it tapers out from the mounting surface. I've been meaning to get one of those wrenches you posted for awhile now. I guess it's time.
Thanks Slick.
JP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts