Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Everyone

Am having a problem with my 6.6 LMM engine, I changed the Fuel Filer because the water in the filter came on, which means it had water in the filter, so I changed it, And now the light won't shut off, I did what the manual told me what do, by pressing the Brake & Fuel peddle at the same time for 5 sec. with the key on and not start,
Now it won't start at all, I was told that the Sensor that screws at the bottom of the fuel filter is Bad.

Any help would be helpful Phil :mad:

·
Administrator
15,999 Posts
Thread relocated over to "Med Duty" for more appropriate views and responses

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Try disconnecting wires from sensor. Then do a reset another reset. If that does not work disconnect batteries for 30 minutes.
I had similar condition with mine. I had to take filter off and make sure moving part of sensor was working properly. When I put it all back together it worked properly.
Since this area of truck is similar to pickups. You may get more answers if you ask thread to be moved to LMM engine.

·
Registered
225 Posts
My truck has 2 WIF sensors. One is on a fuel filer on the frame rail under the cab and the other is the usual one on the filter on the block.

The one under the cab on mine is two probes (no float), it gave me all kinds of issues until I finally unplugged it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts