Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:

I took my truck to the dealer this afternoon to pick up the new style fuel filter and steering shaft so I could put them on myself. Dealer says they have to install filter and GM is only relubing the origional shaft that is in the truck. They said they could get to it right away. Reluctantly I said do the filter. The guy pulls in into his work bay, raises the hood and starts removing the old filter with his loooong screwdriver and hammer. He finally succeeded after at least 5 minutes on pounding on the hammer. The job only took 45 minutes but when I got the truck home I discovered where he splattered fuel onto about everything under the hood and front suspension. I have replaced two of these without spilling fuel or using a screwdriver to remove them. Now I will have as much time in degreasing in the morning as he had replacing the filter. Lesson learned, PAY for

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
wow thats alot of threads on the same thing.
Where? ;)

===================================

Problem is that YOU have to have them perform this work,filter change.If not it can haunt you on fuel system warranty.I have yet to bring mine in as I no longer have a bleed port.

I want to see the look on there faces when the mechanic calls the Foreman over :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would have brought the truck back to the dealear and showed the service maneger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts