Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where the heck is the fuel filter on a Reg cab 04 GMC 2500HD with a 6.0, auto, and 4 wheel???? I havent personally been under the truck myself, yet, but my uncle has looked and looked but cant find that stinkin thing!
Thanks in advance!

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
I don't remember if it was '04 or '05 when they deleated the fuel filter. But if it does have one it will be on the dr. inside frame rail near the ABS module (kind of under the dr door area).

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
part of fuel sender inside tank

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh man, so just how much of a PITA is it to change?? From what I remember the fuel filter is almost bigger then the dang oil filter! N its an inline type. I bought it months ago so I dont quite remember, so dont quote me on that stuff. but thanks for the info, so what exactly is the procedure for dropping the tank just to replace it? and how long are we talking for the typical farmboy mechanic? Thanks!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Chevy says the old frame mounted filter was redundant, so the one in the tank is the only one we get now. :rolleyes: No changing is needed I guess until the fuel pump quits.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
It's supposed to last over 100k miles... we'll see. If you wanna change one don't drop tank, tilt bed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts