Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from my GMC Dealer. I had a question on the fuel filter he sold me last month. The Duramax Diesel manual states in it GM part # 97256734 is for the fuel filter.The one he gave me last month was part # 89016324 (TP1298). I took my manual in and showed him the part # in the manual, don't match. He stated that this was the new part # for the fuel filter. He also stated that there will be a price increase. I asked him if I could still buy at the price as the one last month , he said if I buy today ,OK. So I purchased 3 more.
If anyone else has encounted this please post.
Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had the same question. I don't think it's a new part number, I think it's an ACDelco part number as opposed to a GM part number. I realize the companies are basically the same. I got the same "part number changed" story from my dealer.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I heard the new part number is no longer enclosed in plastic shrink wrap? Is this true?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
The dealer here where I'm at quoted me a price of $44.00

I asked him how much "gold "was inside it...he didn't appreciate the humor.

·
Registered
398 Posts
GMC-DMAX said:
Just came back from my GMC Dealer. I had a question on the fuel filter he sold me last month. The Duramax Diesel manual states in it GM part # 97256734 is for the fuel filter.The one he gave me last month was part # 89016324 (TP1298). I took my manual in and showed him the part # in the manual, don't match. He stated that this was the new part # for the fuel filter. He also stated that there will be a price increase. I asked him if I could still buy at the price as the one last month , he said if I buy today ,OK. So I purchased 3 more.
If anyone else has encounted this please post.
Thanks

Buy them from here, There A lot cheeper.

http://www.oilguard.com/Merchant4/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=mtm&Category_Code=racor+oem

·
Registered
252 Posts
I just rec'd 2 fuel filters from gm parts direct for 20.70 each. dealer price was 43.00 I also got 6 bottles of grape juice at 16.54 a quart.dealer price was 29.04 each. shipping for all was 24.50 I saved approx. 105.00 over dealer pricing which would of included sales tax.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My dealer was charging me $22.oo plus tax. He said he will be charging $32.00 and the list price was $44.00.
So that is why I purchased three more filter at $22.00.
There is no shipping charge so this price is good; but still high.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I just returned 3 out of 4 fuel filters for excessive rust inside the filters. All were brand new and still sealed in plastic. Apparently the "rust" problem is still out there so I'd inspect each/every filter before installing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tophog:
I just checked all the filters I bought. Living here in Florida the humidity is bad. I thought there would be rust but they as clean as possible. I was looking around the parts dept. an the ceiling was high an I don't think it was air condition. But the filters look good to me. I just put the in large siploc bags an I'll store them in the house. The Fl. humidity rusted a lot of my tools. I always have to spray them down, to keep the rust off them.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
From what I've read I would bet the filters are rusted before they leave the Racor plant.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts