Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When to the dealership to get my new fuel filter put on (recall) Also had a grease job and tires rotated. When out to get in truck after being service, checked the top of the wheel grease fitting , wasn't greased. When back in and told them the service tech came out to see and said he will pull back in and grease the truck. After about 30 seconds they said truck was done; I left. Checked the truck grease fitting the next day, out of 11 fittings they missed 3. Had my truck washed at a car wash about 3 to 4 times when the water light came, so I drained both filters some water show up.The next time the water light came on I was about 40 miles from home, late at night and raining. So I thought I would make it home about 2 miles the truck died wouldn't start. So I thought the factory fuel filter was plugged. So I drained The primary filter first and saw some water in it, when to drain the factory filter and found it loose. I took it off and had to wait until my wife brought me another filter. What a night mare changing the filter in the rain and dark. Try to talk to the service manger he was always busy. Called GMC they was suppose to called yesterday but didn't will call them wed. Had the last station where I got fuel, checked out by the state. They said they didn't find any water. This all happen about a month ago. Waiting on GMC NOW

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
That's why I do as much as I can by myself.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I do to. But this was a recall on the fuel filter and I figured at least they could change this. When I first when the waiting room the service tech came in and said I see you have been changing the fuel filter before and if I would like to take the filter and change it at home. I said for them to change it. There was another man in the waiting room and he said to me it looks like they didn't want to do it or they didn't know how.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Sounds pretty suspiciously like the tech got angry about your lube job and might of "topped off" your tank for you with a wash hose!

·
Registered
574 Posts
When to the dealership to get my new fuel filter put on (recall) Also had a grease job and tires rotated. When out to get in truck after being service, checked the top of the wheel grease fitting , wasn't greased. When back in and told them the service tech came out to see and said he will pull back in and grease the truck. After about 30 seconds they said truck was done; I left. Checked the truck grease fitting the next day, out of 11 fittings they missed 3. Had my truck washed at a car wash about 3 to 4 times when the water light came, so I drained both filters some water show up.The next time the water light came on I was about 40 miles from home, late at night and raining. So I thought I would make it home about 2 miles the truck died wouldn't start. So I thought the factory fuel filter was plugged. So I drained The primary filter first and saw some water in it, when to drain the factory filter and found it loose. I took it off and had to wait until my wife brought me another filter. What a night mare changing the filter in the rain and dark. Try to talk to the service manger he was always busy. Called GMC they was suppose to called yesterday but didn't will call them wed. Had the last station where I got fuel, checked out by the state. They said they didn't find any water. This all happen about a month ago. Waiting on GMC NOW
I had the same problem with three different dealers as to not greasing all 11 fittings. It's a real pain but I do it myself now. There are a couple of them that are real hard to get to.

Still not sure if it matters if it gets greased with weight on or off the truck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I grease mind with the weight on. Maybe what Idle Chatter said is why I keep finding water in my primary filter (the one by the fuel cooler) and very water in the factory filter. I have been using Standyne performance formula and trying to drain as much as possible.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I grease mind with the weight on. Maybe what Idle Chatter said is why I keep finding water in my primary filter (the one by the fuel cooler) and very water in the factory filter. I have been using Standyne performance formula and trying to drain as much as possible.
I wouldn't doubt it. GM techs are people and some people can do some strange things. I've never found free water except for twice during a six month period I took samples everytime I fueled up. The two times I did was when, out of curiousity, I went looking for the worst of possible places to buy diesel while crossing the country. One old 3 pump total, mom and pop station in the heart of Oakland, CA (probably hadn't sold diesel in a very long time) and another was a small station in the Ozarks of Arkansaw. I squirted about a quart in a plastic container. Both times I found about a rusty 0.5 to 2 milliliters (way less than a teaspoon). Racor claims their chemical treatment of the OEM filter element (Aquabloc) will stop all water as long as no emulsifiers or such have been added to the fuel. I'd keep draining it everytime you use it for a while, as it sounds like you have been, and not put the filter to the test.

·
Registered
245 Posts
He may have topped it off, but it might have come from a different hose.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Yes, I do to. But this was a recall on the fuel filter and I figured at least they could change this. When I first when the waiting room the service tech came in and said I see you have been changing the fuel filter before and if I would like to take the filter and change it at home. I said for them to change it. There was another man in the waiting room and he said to me it looks like they didn't want to do it or they didn't know how

Just for curiosity sake.......ever heard of SPELL & GRAMMAR CHECK????? I can barely understand you.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Just for curiosity sake.......ever heard of SPELL & GRAMMAR CHECK????? I can barely understand you.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Tess, is that a gixxer in your avatar? I can't blow it up so I can tell.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
I'm not so sure that the truck would stay running and hold a prime with the filter loose...?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts