Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

OK so something weird’s going on. My Co-worker and I have almost identical trucks. I was going over my experience of changing the fuel filter this weekend when he said “ Ya I need to change mine soon too, I’ve only got 5% left on mine”. I asked how he knew the percentage and he said that he had readout just like the oil life. Thinking ok I’m dumb we walked out to my truck cause I told him he was full of it …

I don’t have one, we walked over to his truck …. He does …

Anyone have any ideas? Or suggestions?

:banghead:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you have the Dic with steering wheel controls you will have percentage of oil life and fuel life. If not then you won't have these readouts. At least thats the way my 2006 is set up

·
Registered
897 Posts
I think that is a standanrd option on the 2006 trucks. Any chance his is 2006 and yours is 2005?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
It's because his PCM has the most recent reflash and yours does not. The latest reflash contains a "fuel filter reminder" in addition to other tweaks.

Do a search on reflash - there's a couple of threads going on that mention this difference.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's because his PCM has the most recent reflash and yours does not. The latest reflash contains a "fuel filter reminder" in addition to other tweaks.

Do a search on reflash - there's a couple of threads going on that mention this difference.

Ya both are 2005! I'll search for reflash thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts