Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a 60 gallon in bed fuel tank, and I want to filter the fuel before adding it to the OEM tank. Could someone supply some information on a filter head with 1" 14 NPT. There is plenty information on the Cat filter head, but I would rather have one without so many parts and one with larger openings. Maybe a Fleetguard or Baldwin or others.

Thanks

David

·
Registered
28 Posts
Another option would be a Perma-Cool head Part. No. 81794. Summit Racing caries the whole kit w/filter for around $31. You can change to a Cat filter after the supplied filter is used up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You could use the Fleetguard filter head 142784S ($22.) with the Fleetguard FS 1001 filter, 10 micron to 98.7 % ($14.79). Same as on the Cummings N 14.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys on the filter head. I checked on the Napa #4770 they addad a three letter prefix and came up with spark plug wire set, so maybe I need some prefix numbers.

My problem with Perma Cool. I bought two filters part #81000 that are suppose to fit the 1-inch 14 NPN filter head that they sell. The filter is 3 3/4-inch OD by approx. 5 inches long with a water drain in the bottom, and a 3/4 - inch NPN thread So I don't know if the filters miss numbered or what????

Thanks David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts