Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well at -20 and the truck went to the shop today. they changed the fuel filter but it still seems slugish. they said the filter was waxed up. with the chip at extreeme it still seems to be starving but goes away at a lower setting. its still like 0 degrees outside though. i put some anti-gel treatment in the tank but im wondering what i should do. will it go away or is it possible for something else to be clogged (injectors, fuel lines, ect.) if so will it go away?

·
Super Moderator
5,988 Posts
Park the truck inside in a heated shop if possible to allow your fuel tank to warm up. Add some #1 fuel to your fuel tank to help with flow problems. Don't throw away your waxed fuel filters as they will work fine when warmed up.;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can put #1 in it? how much? what is the downside?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Depending on the conditions, 10-20% #1 or K1 will do winders. That and/or a quality additive like FPPF Total Power.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, its running great again. Im running diesel power service in the tank now. I didnt put any #1 in the tank but i did some research on the difference on #1 and #2 so for all the guys like me that were wonderign this is what i found: #1 is thinner so it doesnt freeze up as easy as #2. however, it doesnt have the same lubricating qualities at #2 does. So it looks like the #2 is better for your engine but it can be and IS mixed in the winter as a "winterblend diesel" found at most northern gas stations. my question for you guys is what would happen if you ran all #1. i heard you get better gas milage and blow alot more smoke. its also illegal? whats the truth to that?

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Good choice for an additive, When they call for real cold weather I run Power Service in the tank too, so far no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.