Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an external fuel filter to filter fuel coming out of my transfer flow tank. I will be using a 12v pump to pump fuel out of the tank into various generators, trucks, tractors, etc...

Is there an external pump filter that I can plum into the fuel pump before the nozel?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All the fuel filter talk here and no one knows of a fuel filter for this application?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Which tank? Replacement or In-Bed? Not using the Express or Trax UFS? Is it the refueling tank they offer?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a custom tank made that fits in the bed. The tank will not be used to fuel the trcuk just for refueling generators, tractors etc...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well you probably know then that the filters commonly used here, Mega, Racor, Nicktane, will not flow at the rates your going to be pumping. My Racor 690S (2mic) is rated at a max flow rate of 1/2 gal per minute. I'm sure the others are at or near the same. Sorry I can't help.

Mike

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh Well!

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
386 Posts
Get in touch with the local truck stop people. I am sure they would have an answer for your filter question. All you need is time and money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts