Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to make or have seen an adaptor that will screw into the oem filter head? It could just be a fitting with two hoses on it that could be routed to a better filter? This would solve some of the warranty issues. When you take it in, just unscrew the adaptor and remove the better filter. Then just reinstall the oem filter.

Just a curious thought.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts

Well, a fellow that call himself "Corndog" at:

http://www.oldmacksrus.com

Made up this prototype to mount a Cat filter cartridge to the OEM head. Don't know how it worked out, but he did say that the center square threads for the OEM mount were difficult to cut.

edited for better viewing... hootEdited by: hoot

·
Registered
78 Posts
Would be very interested in one of these! I would love to hear how it worked out?????

Justin

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would buy one of those adapters and I know alot of other people that would to. If any one knows of some for sale send the link my way. Thanks

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Cdhd2001,

Just asked the same thing on another post. You beat me to the punch. Great idea.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Let's all know if someone finds out the avaiablity of this prototype. This looks like it could be the next big thing. Real Trucks don't have spark plugs, Drive ON

·
Registered
138 Posts
Perhaps when we get that STRAP HANGIN' Rick (Victory Red) Incorporated, he'll take on another project???

I really, really like this idea.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
That proto type looks like it could benifit from a nice soapy bath in a media tumbler. Then I would put it on my truck.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just got done making one for a64pilot. I am waiting for him to return home so I can mail it out to him. I have all the measurements down so if it works, I will probably make a few more. But right now I am getting ready to go over to Thailand till early March. When I get back I will post a message for all who are interested and see if I can make enough for all. Does anyone know if you can buy that rubber seal that goes inside the OEM filter, or would you have to buy a new filter to get it? I guess if you used the adapter when you take the OEM filter out you could just take the seal out of it and if you ever do take your vehicle in for work you could just swap it out again. I will take a picture of it tonight at work and try to post it tomorrow. It looks similar to the one above. Just curious, how many people would be interested in an adapter, just to give me an idea of how much material I will need to buy. I am guessing the purchase cost would be around $50 each plus shipping. The adapter I made fits the Racor filter. I am still trying to make a bottom cap for using the OEM WIF sensor. All the ones I found do not fit the threads of the OEM sensor. I know you can buy a WIF sensor that fits the Racor filter cup but would it plug into the factory wiring harness? Would it be worth my time to make this to or just get the see thru plastic one from Racor with their sensor?

Jeff

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Corndog was a victim of spoken liability issues,same as VR .... Scared him off I think ,he had a good idea .... Glad to see VR snubbed his critics and purged ahead ....

Mac

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I'd be interested in purchasing one.

hoot

·
Registered
5 Posts
ditto,

Roger

·
Registered
169 Posts
if you put in an aftermarket filter, what do you do with the wif sensor ? AkDually61

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
What about the tit in the center that opend the spring loaded ball? Are you guys going to take the ball out or come up with something to open it. I worked on the samething over a year ago and the center ball is why I stopped.

Greg

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Ill pay 100 for the first one........

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Ditto,

Terrain Twister

·
Registered