Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the posts that I find state that all Duramax fuel filters have the exact same filter element. Well, someone just gave me a brand new ACDelco TP1298 fuel filter. According to the ACDelco web site, this is in fact the filter for the Duramax. However, the cross-reference part number on the box is 89016324 and the Duramax Supplemental manual states that the part number is 97256374. Am I reading the numbers right or is this not the correct filter (or is that not a cross-reference number). Thanks for the info! With all the fuel issues I read about here, I just want to make extra sure that this is the correct replacement. If this one is correct, I'm going to change it this weekend.

·
Registered
540 Posts
What's it look like??? Got the threads on the bottom for the WIF sensor?? If so it's the right one.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it has the hole in the bottom with the threads. It also came with two o-rings in a plastic bag.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Where did you see this?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did I see what? I got the part number from the ACDelco web site. The 890 number is just below the TP1298 on the box. I assume that is a GM #. It doesn't say. I just want to be double sure.

As a follow-up, should this filter come in a plastic bag? Mine didn't and I've noticed that there are a few fine dust particles (from the paper box) on the fitler. It seems like with such filtration issues for the Dmax that this filter should almost come in a sterilized and sealed bag! I'm not trying to be cheap. But why go out and spend $20 to $40 for a filter if it's no better than this new one! I just haven't found much here on ACDelco filters.

·
Registered
398 Posts
OK, I thought you seen this filter at A store.

I keep looking but can't find any by AC.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I noticed sometime back that if I entered the 97256734 (not 97256374, you have a typo) number at the gmpartsdirect website, the shopping cart showed a 89016324. Didn't follow through on the order but I was wondering what was different, hoping they had improved the damn thing actually. Sounds like the same thing sans plastic bag? That's just great. Cleanliness is critical and a cardboard box is a dirty environment. It annoys me how the CAT filter also isn't in a plastic bag, but I worry less about it since I use it pre-oem. The last filter the fuel sees needs to be handled and installed carefully.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Should look like the one on the right.....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is it the filter for the lly? The new filter is abuot an inch longer than the one for the lb7.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
That's the old lb7 on the right. The one on the left is an aftermarket Racor.

I wonder if the newer lly filter will work on the old lb7.

Wouldn't be surprised if you cu open th enew filtrer and found the element to be the same or smaller.... just a bigger can

1 - 10 of 10 Posts