Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

If I were to buy a DMAX or 2500HO what FUEL MILEAGE can I expect?

I like the "pure muscle" of trucks.. but I dont really need a hauler.I JUST NEED A DIESEL :) :)

So my other option is a VW TDI (Golf??)

I'm just wondering about the economy

Thanks

ram

·
Registered
663 Posts
My 03 2500HD runs 17mpg combined city/highway and 20 mpg highway doing 65-70mph. It drops a bit in cold weather when running winter fuel.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I get about 22 on the Highway at 60 mph or less and about 15 mpg with in-town driving. I don't romp on her very much so my milage will probably be higher than most.

I think the extended cab / short bed 2WD boys would get a couple of mpg better as they tend to be a little lighter than my crew cab, long bed, 4WD. But I like riding in stlye.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have 13700 on my 2003 now and the total average for all driving is 17.2 mpg, according to the computer. I usually get 20 +/-1 mpg driving 65 - 75 depending on the wind and get 17 +/- 1 mpg driving to work and around town. Pulling a 18' car hauler with a 4 door Tahoe on it I got 15, but there was no wind and I drove 60 mph. Not because it wouldn't go faster it was raining like a monsoon was in progress. The D/A barely knows the trailer is back there.

·
Registered
479 Posts
You need to check out the VW website for the TDI's...

www.tdiclub.com

there is a wealth of information there on the VW's. I have both a VW TDI and a GMC Duramax... love 'em both.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a member there but thanks!! It sure is a good website!

Oh I see.. Yeah looking at the economy numbers and general price, looks like I'll have to start out with the VWs, being a college student n all.

Thanks!

ram

1 - 6 of 6 Posts