Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new at this site, so I am sure this has been covered previouslly if so sorry.

I have the diablo preditor and I am running the 65HP tune. I am only sqeeking out about 15 MPG HWY. I havent verified MPG in the 40HP Tune. Does that conflict with any other preditor users out there? Second question is, I have made the tire size adjustment to my 285/75/16. Does that not correct my instant economy and average fuel economy on my computer? It is telling me I am averaging 19.5 MPG.

Prior to up sizing my tires form 265 to 285, and installing the preditor I was averaging close to 19 MPG HWY. Any help will be greatlly appretiated.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sounds like you have adjusted the Predator wrong for tire size or maybe its not working right.

You should be getting better than 15mpg. If anything the Predator should give you an extra MPG or 2.

The best way to check the calibration is with a hand held GPS. If you don't have one you might want to ask a friend to borrow one.

Jesse

·
Registered
152 Posts
DO NOT TRUST THE COMPUTER TO CHECK MPG.

ANY PERFORMANCE MOD SHOULD GET YOU SOME GAIN

ONLY UNDER EXTREME RACE CONDITIONS WOULD I EVER EXPECT TO LOOSE MPG FROM A MOD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have verified the speedometer as being correct, so the tire size adjustment did correct the speedometer. As far as the fuel economy goes I am at a loss, I have fiqured my last two tanks of fuel, HWY 16mpg and one City 15.2mpg.

I am currently running the 40HP tune to see the differance, for one thing I am much more pleased with the perfomance I had running the 65 tune. MotorHaven has told me that the preditor will not adjust for my computer, so much for my average mpg and miles remaining in tank. The tires and performace has been worth it though, although I would like to see better fuel milage.

·
Registered
479 Posts
when you use the predator - it totally invalidates the MPG readings you get with the DIC. EVEN if it corrects the tire size...

You need to manually calculate the miles/gallons when you fill up to get correct readings.

Stefan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS FOR THE INFO, ALTHOUGH THE NUMBERS I AM GETTING ARE CALCULATED MANUALLY. SURE WISHED THEY WEREN'T

·
Registered
281 Posts
Does the Quad change the reading on the DIC or does it work like the Predator in just changing the speedo?

Jesse

·
Registered
646 Posts
The Quad is the same as the Predator. I think all programers are the same. I know with my Quad on the 50 HP setting, that after 180 miles, the DIC will be off almost exactly 1 MPG (reading better mileage than actual).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am fairly new to this site as well. I was told that the Superchip Programmer would get me a few extra miles per gallon. Not really looking for more power as I am very happy with my new truck but would like to get the mileage up from the 18.5 mpg where I am at now at 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I purchased my programer for the speedo correction and added fuel economy myself. I would be lying though if I didnt say the power will put a large smile on your face, and I too was happy with factory power.

My only problem is for some reason my MPG went down unlike all that I have heard and read about the opposite. I started out with 18.5 to 19MPG, increased tire size to 285's and went to 18MPG, I was hoping to see 19+ with the programer. I can't seam to get better than 16MPG no mater how I drive.

·
Registered
448 Posts
BushWacker said:
I am fairly new to this site as well. I was told that the Superchip Programmer would get me a few extra miles per gallon. Not really looking for more power as I am very happy with my new truck but would like to get the mileage up from the 18.5 mpg where I am at now at 3,000 miles.

Good lord son how many MPG's do you expect to see out of a 7,000 lb truck?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts