Diesel Place banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I really appreciate the help so far guys
Great site here!
Like I said I was a certified heavy duty mechanic but only on cat cummins and international engines
Not much with Detroit especially these little set ups gm was nice enough to use lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well fellas I hope I found my issue....
#2 and #7 cylinders were both inop due to exploded lifter on #2 as well as busted rocker arm guide shaft
Making bananas out of both pushrods and #7 had one weak lifter causing exhaust pushrod to pop off
Hopefully that'll cure my fuel dilution..
Thanks again for all the tips what a great community!

·
Administrator
22,316 Posts
Well fellas I hope I found my issue....
#2 and #7 cylinders were both inop due to exploded lifter on #2 as well as busted rocker arm guide shaft
Making bananas out of both pushrods and #7 had one weak lifter causing exhaust pushrod to pop off
Hopefully that'll cure my fuel dilution..
Thanks again for all the tips what a great community!
Got any pics?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
A few but I can't upload them on my phone it shows a drag and drop feature must be for desktop

·
Administrator
22,316 Posts
A few but I can't upload them on my phone it shows a drag and drop feature must be for desktop
Change your screen settings on your phone to "Desktop View"

·
Administrator
22,316 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I may have to upload them from my laptop when I get access to the web....but truly I'm amazed it ran so good on 6.5 cylinders 🤔

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wow. I stand corrected as I can not believe you wouldn't notice the 25% loss of power.

Back when I turned wrenches for money, I had a V twin Kawasaki ZTR that had "lost" a pushrod. Found it in the engine, not bent. How can this happen? Sticking valve. Cam drops to base circle and it can fall out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yea I thought that it was just normal power for an old 6.2l lol but wow I'm fairly impressed now that it runs well...
All the diesels I turned wrenches on were way newer so obviously more power right away...
Mostly power jokes and cat/Cummins based work
Also amazed it ran this long like that
Now back to 50lb oil psi cold and about 35 hot at idle

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
An old engine, in a new truck. :) (My kinda man) LOL.
Be good to your 6.2, and it'll be good to you. Not sure you mentioned your tranny, but with an OD, bet you can get some very respectable mileage out of it. Thanks for the up-date, and not scabbing info and running. Good to have a fellow diesel guy to chat with.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
No problem glad these forums still exists and yep far as I can tell with the 00 gearing I'm close to 25mpg if I drive nice...pretty wild for a 1 ton 4x4
Think I get get a little more out of it with timing adjustment we will see when I get time to do it!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
You're right, 25 is real nice, for a 1 ton. But that's with an OD. My 83 C-30 dually gets/got 20, W/O an OD. (465, W/ a 4.10 rear.)
But it would get that, even towing a double axle trailer. loaded. :)
(Course, that was always at its top speed, of 55) :(

Reactions: OkDually
21 - 33 of 33 Posts