Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had much discussion with people all over the country about fuel condidtioners and am really confused. my truck is new and I've just started to use a Fuel conditioner called MYSTIK which is a CITGO product. Being faitthful to GM I stuck with the demulsifier type but I'M not sure thats all good becuse if I do by chance get bad fuel, the demulsifier may keep a lot of water in the tank and its possible that it could collect, grow bugs, or whatever and eventually get sucked up into the distribution system. What is GM's heartburn about using emulsifier type additives. Sometimes I think using an additive without either a emulsifier or demulsifier would be the best way to go. Whats your thoughts on the matter. Bill

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
GM is stuck on the though that the oem filter/ water seperator will do its job and thus we dont need to contain the water. I dont agree but what do I know.. I hate to rely on some special metal in the oem filter head that will seperate the water at that point. GM feels that water that is trapped will damage parts. ie, injectors, pump etc. I suppose the most important thing is just make sure it has no alcohal

Eric

1 - 2 of 2 Posts