Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys, does gm warrenty your truck if you use promise? since it is a emulsifer? i have been using stayadne. that is a demuslfier. since they recomend using it. i have been using stayande since i got a bad batch of fuel and had to drop the tank. what do you use and why?

patrick

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
How could they tell you didn't get it in your fuel purchase. If I remember correctly, Primrose is really a distributer style additive. Stuff one would add to a tank before retail sale...

George will correct me if wrong, but I believe that's what Primrose is for.

So, back on topic, I don't think that GM could really do much as the Primrose could have come from the fuel station that you bought your fuel from.

PS I run Stanadyne also. I would like to have both on hand and alternate just to see if there is any difference in overall performance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya I got bad gas from a very well supiler of diesel. so ever since then i have been using stanadyne .

patrick

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
I drove to Yellowstone and back and ONLY stopped at Truck stops when fueling if possible. I did have to buy diesel in a couple small towns and worried for a while that it would stop my engine. But after cutting open my cat filter all looked well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've used three tankfuls of fuel treated with Stanadyne...seems to work very well for me. The engine sounds more like a diesel and is much more responsive. I've tried Lucas and I thought the Stanadyne Performance additive was superior....I'm buying more of the Stanadyne stuff...just my $.02.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
lave80 said:
ya I got bad gas from a very well supiler of diesel. so ever since then i have been using stanadyne .

patrick

Was that supplier local? I got some crap on my last trip to MI a few weeks back. Filled in Cadillac, and Grand Rapids...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Kennedy said:
lave80 said:

patrick

Was that supplier local? I got some crap on my last trip to MI a few weeks back. Filled in Cadillac, and Grand Rapids...

Don't say Grand Rapids, I filled up at the BP by Eric's house a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no I was in Traverse city Mi. where did you get diesel at in cadillac?

patrick

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I filled at the Amoco in Cadillac West right by McDonalds.

Then I hit an Amoco BP that Eric pointed me to...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the one by mc donalds in cadillac west dosn't do alot of business. sorry to hear you had bad luck up here. i only try to go to meijer in cadillac or admirals they both have alot of flow going all the time from busses and ups stuff.

patrick

·
Registered
693 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

i use howes in my baby...that's what i was told to use by the shop foreman, a mech and a parts guy at the shop that does the servicing...all told me independently when i asked them...they advised that stanadyne shud be used in '03-'04 models...

this shop is a gmc truck only dealership and has a BIG service dept that services LOTS of diff diesel engines, including the big rigs...they sell several diff additives, so it's nothing to them which i use...</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
693 Posts
Wayne,

It's just my opinion, but the thing that our truck needs most is extra lubricity in the diesel fuel. According to tests shown over on Stanadyne's site - the howe's actually does little to add lubricity to diesel fuel. There is no great difference between your '01 and the '02 and '03 - I would use stanadyne in all of them...

- jeff

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Last filter I saw cut open after using Howes was JeBar's rust laden 12k unit that I changed out when I put on his Mega filter...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts