Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had an interesting conversation with a Duramax owner. He said he has been using this fuel additive from Bio Performance (see link) and has had an increase in MPG from 19.5 to 24.5. I am kind of skeptical, has any one tried or used this product and is it harmfull to the new Duramax? I am currently getting 20MPG and would like to get up to 25.

http://www.mybpbiz.com/index.asp

·
Registered
283 Posts
Undoubtedly, we'd all like to get better fuel mileage, but I don't think that this product is the one to do it. After looking at the company as it is presented on the internet, one would have to have a lot of faith in this product, because as I see it, it is run by a former evanglelist. It looks like a well presented scam to me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've neard of Bio Performance.. It's the pill for gas.. I haven't tried it or anything, but it makes alot of claims..Let me know if it works.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
TOTAL BUNK!

A quick read of the "techno gibberish" in the product information page says: "SCAM"

The use of "Brownian Motion" (applies only to motion of GASES not liquid), "catalyst" and some other really snappy scientific terminology in completely inaccurate, idiotic and inane manners.

This one stinks from a mile away.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
TOTAL BUNK!

A quick read of the "techno gibberish" in the product information page says: "SCAM"

The use of "Brownian Motion" (applies only to motion of GASES not liquid), "catalyst" and some other really snappy scientific terminology in completely inaccurate, idiotic and inane manners.

This one stinks from a mile away.
I completely agree with you, except for the fact that Brownian Motion can be observed in any fluid, liquid or gas (even solids as well-but that involves sort of deep physical concepts). In fact, Brownian Motion was, IIRC, first discovered by observing pollen grains in water.

As to the Bio Performance, though, yep it's junk. Been discussed before on here, a while back.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Yeah, Hab, Brownian is a diffusion process, so it works in any fluid, but I'm just used to seeing it applied more to gases rather than mixing in liquids. I won't even begin to discuss the "flash point" and "dew point" BS in that jibberish! Those were better examples of "techno-babble"!!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
...I won't even begin to discuss the "flash point" and "dew point" BS in that jibberish! Those were better examples of "techno-babble"!!
You have to admit, it is entertaining reading, though. Those types of sites are always good for some comic relief. They used to make me mad with the misuse of science, but now I'm just amused.

I figure there are enough resources on the web now that if you really want to take the time, you can learn about almost any chemical or physical concept. So if you're duped by slick salesmanship, it's your own fault and I don't feel bad.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Probably Snake Oil :exactly:eer pills, yea snake pills.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Probably Snake Oil :exactly:eer pills, yea snake pills.
You beat me to it, snake oil it is , the only one making any money is the joker selling that stuff:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
There is about a 100% chance this is bunk. Their so-called scientific descriptions of the theory are just pretentious nonsense. But I could not understand how the other driver could possibly be fooled into thinking his mileage went from 19 to 24 mpg! Then I saw that BioPerformance also sells distributorships as well as the product. He may be trying to SELL this stuff to make back the money he had to invest.

Here is an interesting quote from one of their pages:

BioPerformance™ , Inc. doesn't guarantee anyone any results using the product...

Nuff said.

They do have a nice looking logo however!

·
Registered
407 Posts
My bother who drives one of the best looking fords in town(if that is possible). let one of his contacts come talk to him about this stuff and he wants me to try it also. I told him to qoute myself "There's not a snowballs chance is hell I am going to put a multi level marketing product in my truck". Anyway he is going to try it and I will let you know what happens. Whether is can magically give you more MPG there is still other stuff I would worry about. He is trying the powder form snake crap. Can anyone explain how it is even supposed to work. I can't see how a tsp can do anything to 15 gal of any substance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts