Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys suggest a few fuel additives and let me know what you think about them. Do they work etc.... Thank you

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Moved to maintenance and fluids...

There are hundreds of threads in this section about additives. Take notice of the sticky threads at the top of this section. There's a good study done there about the most popular brands. Read through this section. There's LOTS of info on this.

I run stanadyne in every tank.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I use Power Service Silver bottle in the summer time, and White bottle in the winter.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Lucas Oil

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Stanadyne here also..I run the performance formula.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Power Service, 8 oz to every fill up. It's relatively cheap and easy to find at Napa, Autozone, Advance, etc.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Power Service Diesel Kleen, Redline Diesel Fuel Catalyst, STP Diesel Fuel Treatment. I have used these often. Just ordered Opti-Lube from their website.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I am running a blended additive... helped fixed my injector rates after trying that "2-stroke" -:tthing.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I've been trying a gallon of Opti-Lube XPD - seems ok so far. I might try Standine next (just to see) I have been adding Amsoil Cold Flow Improver when the weather wants to get below zero though.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I've been trying a gallon of Opti-Lube XPD - seems ok so far. I might try Standine next (just to see) I have been adding Amsoil Cold Flow Improver when the weather wants to get below zero though.
do you use Opti-Lube XPD with every fill-up? also...what's the going price of it and where did you purchase from? thanks...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Stanadyne performance formula. So far no problems with it. Don't know if its necessary but its got to help out some.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I got the Opti-Lube from www.opti-lube.com . The price was $38 for the gallon and I've been using it at every fill-up. I also picked up six bottles of Amsoil Cold Flow Improver (new formulation) to add when it's projected to be real cold (high low single digits or lower). I mix the Opti-Lube XPD at 1/4oz per gallon which works out to 5oz per tankfull (20gal roughly) or a bit less than $2 per tank (price of a product plus shipping).

·
Registered
288 Posts
Stanadyne and Power Service... which ever one is available... Seems to be better with it than without it......at least no 2000 rpm and then realizing... oh sh?? I'm trying to pass this 18 wheeler.... :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
thinking of going with Opti-Lube XPD....anyone else???

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have been using Diesel Plus made by Conklin since my truck was new. I have never gelled and I get 2 mpg improvement. I am very pleased with how it has worked for me.:D:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Standyne and Howes are both approved by GM as per my dealer. I saw the biggest difference with the Stanadyne, but at 24 bucks a bottle, that only treats two tanks, it's not cost effective. Howes however is.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Standyne and Howes are both approved by GM as per my dealer. I saw the biggest difference with the Stanadyne, but at 24 bucks a bottle, that only treats two tanks, it's not cost effective. Howes however is.
You are paying way too much for Stanadyne. Ordering online, and paying shipping, it costs me about 5 cents to treat a gallon of fuel.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts