Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a 5th wheel, so I decided to have my truck weighed. Scale said front weight was 4200lbs(ish) the sticker on my door states that the front axle weight cannot exceed 4600lbs(ish). Is that correct? I only have 400lbs of room on the front?

·
Registered
340 Posts
That is correct. The 5th wheel hitch on mine is mounted 1" forward of the axle, & that only added 100 lbs to my f. axle weight with a 32' 5er.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
front axel wight rating is 4800# I thought......

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Why does it matter about the front axle? The trailer hooks in the rear.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Because your fifth wheen hitch is mounted 1-2" in front of the rear axle. So it adds a bit of weight to the front axle. Plus the added weight of the occupents cound put you over.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Good to know Thank's Tony

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
that not Right 400 lbs you can put a snow plow on the truck and mine has to weight over 1000 lbs and it hung over the front axle. All snow plow prep is add bigger alternator,skid plates and the Bacon light Switch

·
Registered
687 Posts
Rookiew/Dmax,

What truck do you have?

Reg, Ext, or Crew cabs?

Short or long bed?

Makes a considerable difference.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lawnboy said:
Rookiew/Dmax,

What truck do you have?

Reg, Ext, or Crew cabs?

Short or long bed?

Makes a considerable difference.

Ext Cab

Long Bed

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I thought all the FAWR were 4800# for the dmax equiped trucks? Shouldnt matter about cab config.

Turfmower> Whats a bacon light switch. I sure do like bacon, I wish mine had one of those
What kinda plow do you run? I've got a 9'6" fisher V and she handles it really well.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Ratlover,

Maybe you misunderstood me.

Cab configuration DOES matter. Not for FAWR, but for the actual front axle weight when empty.

A Crew Cab's front axle weight is significantly more than a Regular cab.

All the 2500HD and 3500 trucks are rated at 4800lbs FAWR.

On a side note......mmmmmmmmmmmmm B A C O N!!!

9.2 BOSS V here.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Yes I did, and yes you are right, cab/bed config makes a big difference with what you can carry, I thought you ment rating.

Boss makes a nice plow, I love thier controller and speed but I dont like thier tripping or lack there of at times so I went with the fisher. Only a season on it but its been a good blade thus far. The controller is kinda a PITA though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts