Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Eric,
I posted this in a different thread here related to the steering shaft TSB, but I don't think that's my issue.

I have an '01 which I just got the 2 pc d-shaft replaced under warranty (TSB). As soon as I left the dealer, upon (hard) acceleration from a stop, there's a noticeable clunk (actually sounds like something's quite broken) in the front suspension, which I can feel through the steering wheel. I don't get anything on turns (leading me to believe it's not the steering shaft), only on straight accels from a stop and occasionally on accels from a stop over rough sections (almost like there's impact on full droop). Nothing on moderate accels, unless it's bumpy and the suspension unloads quickly.

I've been under the truck a couple times looking for anything obvious, and haven't been able to find anything - everything seems pretty tight, and I can't see anything "shiny" (from hitting). I have the green keys & 285s, if that's relevant at all. Any ideas on things to look at would be appreciated. I'd hate to take it in to the dealer for a misdiagnosis & $ - the few I've been to around here have been less than inspiring.

Thanks for any leads!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you thinking it's a rear d-shaft (since that's what was just replaced)? Or perhaps now the front is acting up...?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts