Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be adding a full Ranch Hand front bumper and was a little worried about all that weight all the way in front of the truck. Can I up grade and lift the front end so the extra weight doesn't mess up the front end and tires or it all good just with the "green" keys? I have already changed the shocks all the way around. Thanks Cas

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
How much threads are left on the torsion arm bolts?

If u have enough threads u can use this to lift the front end up after mounting the bumper.

Measure a reference point on both sides then after u mount bumper raise the torsion arms back to the original height plus a little extra so when it settles it will be close.

Since u will be going back to stock height the alignment should still be close, but u could still get it realigned if in doubt.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought of that but don't want the truck to feel like a truck with the plow up as i drive around. Does anyone make new springs with a little higher weight range? I'm not trying to raise up the front but just want to make sure the setup is right for the extra weight.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Finishman:

I wouldn't worry about it. I have been running a Ranch Hand Frontend Replacement on a '99 2500 Suburban for a couple of years now. All I did was adjust the torsion bars a few turns until it was nearly level with the back (higher than stock). It rides better than stock and has yet to sag.

I am curious to see if anyone makes aftermarket springs though...

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Some of the folks who mount heavy plows have installed Timbren rubber springs in the front. Apparently they replace the stock rubber bump-stops and provide some additional load capacity and improved compression cushioning.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Yes its normal for them to rest on the bumpstops. Just crank the bars to put you back to factory hight. It shouldnt take more than 3 turns or so i wouldnt think. Measue the distance before you add the bumper and then measure the distance after the install and just crank enough to put it back to factory. Do a search on the proper cranking technique. You will be fine and it wont make your truck ride like crap unless you crank the heck outa it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts