Discussion Starter #1
is there one available for the 2500 hd?

any part numbers?

thanks

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm confused on your question
. I have 2 little white plastic inserts on my front bumper to mount a plate that are not being used.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I bought mine from the stealer. It cost me something like $17.00. It was pretty generic and I had to modify it a little to fit. I was expecting something that would correct the angle of the bumper but didn't get it. I should have just made what I wanted.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
My 03 GMC had a plastic one that put the plate at an odd angle, so I trimmed it up some and put a slight curve in plate so it was close to verticle.

The 04 CHEVY didn't use anything, the plate went right on the bumper.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I threw mine away- piece of junk. I went and bought a clear license plate protector frame- drilled two new holes in the bumper to fit the plate and relocated the plastic inserts and screwed the plate on through the protector. Hangs straight now. Don't waste your money on the GM plate mount.

·
Registered
410 Posts
mine came with the truck..they iinstalled it upside down and screwed it right into the black plastic bumpa ! doesnt flex..thats for sure !

·
Registered
281 Posts
I was buying some oil at Wal-Mart and found some neat plate mount. I guess I wouldn't call it a mount, but a trim ring. The ones they have there are really cool. There were a couple different styles. I got the one that has spikes sticking out. There are also ones that look like barb wire. When I installed mine the metal bend with the angle of the bumper. Looks a whole lot better than just a plain old tag, even tho I've not displayed a Maryland front tag for years. I've had the same NHRA tag on my trucks for about 8 years.

Jesse

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the replies
,i was hoping something would correct the bend in the middle..looks like i will have to live with it..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know if they make a flip down utility step/license plate holder for the Sierra? I saw them a few years ago - but I have not been able to find any lately.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I saw one on the front of a Yukon the other day that looked like it fits the two bolts on the Sierra bumper. It is basically a piece of metal that has two holes for the bumper screws. Then, the part that attaches to the top of the plate is bent away from the bumper. It looked something like this.

Don't know where it came from.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The one that I remember is only slightly larger than a license plate. It is hinged on the bottom so that when folded down the plate is facing the ground and the back of the plate is a piece of steel that you can step on. I don't remember what was used to support the weight (if it was a hinge or a stopping block). I almost want to say the step surface was diamond plate.

I am sure someone has one . . . maybe on an older truck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tech JJ said:
The one that I remember is only slightly larger than a license plate. It is hinged on the bottom so that when folded down the plate is facing the ground and the back of the plate is a piece of steel that you can step on. I don't remember what was used to support the weight (if it was a hinge or a stopping block). I almost want to say the step surface was diamond plate.

I am sure someone has one . . . maybe on an older truck.
Are you maybe thinking about an attachment for a 2" front receiver hitch? I believe I've seen these that are like you mention.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It appears from my research that the MSRP is around $69.95. Street price looks like $51.95. I have found several online retailers who carry the item. I also found a similar one at JC Whitney. Search for DELUXE 2-LEVEL LICENSE PLATE STEP . They are around the same price as the Putco units in metal and also available in fiberglass for around $35.

Jeremy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts