Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody ever seen a front license plate braket for a 06 D-max. you have to have a front plate in MN, and the way you screw it on looks like crap, it just kinda bends onto the bumper. any billet holders or anything nice looking. and were did you get it?

·
Registered
261 Posts
same situation.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got a license plate bracket from a car....I don't remember what model but it was a GM. Drilled holes in the bracket to line up with the tag mounting screws int he bumper. Mounted it and installed the plate to it.

I will see if I can get a picture tomorrow and find out what car it came off of.

Gary

·
Registered
296 Posts
probably the same as my 03 i went to auto parts store and bought a license plate cover chrome bolted plate to bottom holes and then bolted cover and plate through the top holes it holds the plate straight and it doesn't bend to the bumper. cant really see it very good in this picture i can get better one if you want. click on red x were pic should be

·
Registered
282 Posts
got mine from a dodge p/u that a customer didnt want. used the dremel to cut the contour to match my bumper. looks factory. check my garage there's a pic from the front...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got mine from the dealer for $18 plus tax.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just made two 1" plastic stand offs and got longer screws. It doesnt bend now and looks ok. I tried buying one from a dealer and they told me it was discontinued ( why ).

·
Registered
448 Posts
check the plate thread on page 3.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Go to the hardware store and get two 1" plastic spacers. Get some longer screws and it holds it right off the bumper just fine.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys, gonna do some checkin tomarrow!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Look in my garage. I bought a generic mount from an auto parts store (less than $10 and a clear cover for probably another $4 or $5. Added some washers to make it straight.

I thought that I didn't get one because my state doesn't have front mounted license plates.

I heard through the grapevine, though, that all states are going to go to front license plates so that the red light cameras can get you better. Before long, we'll have to paint our names in big letters on the hood and tailgate.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I picked one up at Checker or Napa one of the two 1/2in plastic works great never bent the plate yet... Cheap too Less than $15

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got longer ss screws and used 3/8 rubber hose for bushings.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys. Bought a 5$ plastic liscense plate holder, a piece of 5/16 fuel line, and 2 1 1/2 inch stainless screws. Worked great, and looks good too!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I bought the front plate bracket for the Sierra and flipped it upside down. Works great and looks good. You need 2 slightly longer bolts to make it work.

DEWFPO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts