Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the distance from the center of the wheel, straight up to the fender flare (an average of both sides as they may not be exactly the same), on a stock 2500HD that has not had the torsion bars adjusted? I'd like to find out exactly how much higher my front end is from stock. I put 2" blocks in the back but I was thinking of swapping them out for some 2.5 or 3" blocks instead to get the stock stance, which of course will be according to the front. It may be spot-on right now but I think I'm past 2" on the front, as my fog lights look like high-beams now (I always get flashed with them on) and the low-beams look like brights to some.

Thanks!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone, got a spare minute and a tape measure?

it'd be mucho appreciated

·
Registered
149 Posts
Camstyn- mine measures 22 & 3/4 inches on drivers side, 23 inches even on pass side. Bone Stock suspension.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Muchas gracias!!!

Mine is 25 & 3/4 on the drivers side and 26 on the passenger side. I'm surprised it was a full 3 inches just from the green keys, and that's with the torsion bar bolts turned OUT from stock position.. Hmm, time to order some more u-bolts and blocks!

Thanks again,

Cam

·
Registered
704 Posts
Have you thought about dropping the front rather than lifting the back? I am only at 22.5" both sides, and I am running the same H2 tires and wheels.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about it for a split second and then decided I'd rather go up.

How did you get those tires to clear without cranking the torsion bars up?Edited by: Camstyn

·
Registered
704 Posts
Camstyn said:
How did you get those tires to clear without cranking the torsion bars up?

Lots of cutting and grinding. I really took my time with it though, and it looks great. Better center of gravity, better conering, better aerodynamics, better tie-rod and CV joint angles, and better driveshaft angles.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd like to see a pic of how it looks, if you've got one.. You'll never have to worry about excessive wear on your idler/pitman arms, CV boots, u-joints, etc. etc. etc.

Personally I prefer the look of a lifted truck and am willing to take the trade-offs, including making it much more of a struggle to load my motorcycle into the back.

I bet those tires fill the wheel wells nicely though!

·
Registered
457 Posts
In your owners manual there should be a recommend Z-height setting, it's different for 1/2 tons and HDs but here is how to calculate it.

Z-height is obtained by measuring from the LCA front pivot bolt center down to the ground/floor. Measurement "A"

Measure from the inside edge of the knuckle (lower ball joint) down to the floor. Measurement "B"

Subtract "B" from "A" for the ride height figure.

Keep truck on level ground.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts