Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was into my maintenance binge yesterday, and intended to put Mobil 1 in the front diff on mu 03 2500HD D/A. Finished the rear, and was in the mood, but couldn't find the breather hole for the white cap, and frankly couldn't find the fill hole. Any pic's or advice for the rook?

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you have A skid shield you need to remove it to drain and refill.

The white fitting is on the left top and has A hose attached, might already be the white one, mine was.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Everything is on the driver side. If you look at it from in front of the driver side tire ti is right there. I didn't have to remove the skid or anything. It really isn't that hard. Well good luck.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
The breather is tiewrapped to the 4x4 actuator wire harness on my truck on the drivers side, hood opened.... looking down on the plastic wheel well. It's at the end of a rubber hose... Am I right guys? I changed to synthetic but never bothered with the breather. No problems so far.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yea, laying on your back under the DS you can see it pretty clearly. It's towards the top of the front diff. There's a black rubber hose coming out of the center of it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are awesome!!!! I am new to anything but the basic oil change. If someone could just tell me what to do about additional filtration of fuel. My head hurts reading all of the treads, and each one leads to indecision, and analysis paralysis.

·
Registered
326 Posts
"Additional" filtration? You mean another fuel filter, in series?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts