Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the front breather the big white circular piece of plastic ont he side that has a tubre coming out of it, about 2 inches wide? Or is there another one that is on top I could not find? I guess you want a white one for synthetic.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
You found it. If it is already white then it is good for synthetic. The only difference I noticed was on the inside of the vent. There is a little square piece that assures the vent is always facing up. The stock black vent has one that is made of plastic and the white vent has one that is made of heavy metal. Probally to assure it stays in the right place even with thinner fluid. Becarefull rethreading that new vent. I got mine cross threaded and had to pull it out, buff the threads and start over. It should thread in hand tight all the way to the very last bit, the put a socket on it and snug it up.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Then what are you waiting for? Start loading that synthetic!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just changed the rear and the front, used mobile synthetic 75/90 rear and went standard 80/90 on the front, prolly switch the front to synthetic next time around, just wanted to make sure all of that crap was out of it first. Edited by: Wickedsprint

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
GM says the critical difference in the caps is the o-ring,but I too have noticed the internal part and wondered why the difference..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts