Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever build their own front console for a regular cab pickup? Just from the dash to the cupholders? Wouldn't mind having one.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
The console from an extended cab/crew cab truck will fit...

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
What are you looking to put in there? Take a look in my garage for pictures of a Havis-Shields Console install. It is purpose built for emergency vehicles, but the 10 incher I have fits nice and has room for switches, CB, Electronic Airhorns (hidden) and a Fire Scanner.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well right now I just have the folding middle jump seat console. I also have my 4WD controls on the ground also, not on the dash (its my work truck). What do I plan on using it for? Well, I plan on installing a computer in my truck to track daily work. I will be using a 15" LCD monitor, and just want it to look nice and clean, rather then just being bolted to the floor. It will be used to clean up the monitor bracket that I have made, and to keep little things in it if need be. I know its confusing, but I have it drawn perfectly in my head.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I would recommend stopping by your most highly recommended custom install audio/video business. I've been very pleased with my local shops custom boxes for various audio/video uses. Being floor mounted, I'd have them cover whatever you come up with with matching floor carpet. I'd think a custom laptop console tray with power adapters and custom storage would be a snap.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Well unless you are looking, you cannot see the bracket that holds the console to the floor. And you can put a computer mount on the console as well. I do believe that I can move the console over enough to accomodate the 4x4 shift, but my truck is push-button, so I am not absolutely certain.

You may be happier with a custom matching console, but you will need some talent nearby to make it happen. I, unfortunately, have no such talent, and I am really happy with my install in any event.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts